Rules and Regulations for Grilling in Parks May 2019
Per New Bedford Fire Prevention Office and the Board of Park Commissioners
Grilling allowed in designated areas only:
The Pictures below show our designated areas in parks where grilling is allowed.
Hazelwood Park Designated Grilling Area:
Fort Taber Designated Grilling Areas:
Grilling is not allowed on beaches, nature trails or on athletic fields.
• Please be responsible when grilling and pay attention to children and other park users
• No grilling near trees, tree roots or buildings
• Must be 18 years old or older to grill
• No open, ground or campfires. Fires must be 3’ off the ground
• Grills are not allowed on picnic tables or benches
• No flammable materials allowed in trash barrels, including empty fuel containers. Maximum of 20 pounds of propane fuel per site.
• All trash must be removed from the site before leaving
• Do not deposit coals on the ground
• Deposit coals in hot coal bin
A Special Event Permit application is required for grilling in parks under 5 acres and for events of over 25 people.
For more information go to: http://www.newbedford-ma.gov/parks-recreation-beaches/ and http://www.newbedford-ma.gov/public-infrastructure/application-for-special-event-permits/