Skip to content
New Bedford Parks, Recreation & Beaches
How to Register
Parks & More
All PRB Facilities
All PRB Info
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
Become a McCoy Center Coach, Fitness Instructor, or Volunteer!
BECOME A INSTRUCTOR, COACH, OR VOLUNTEER AT THE MCCOY CENTER!
Are you a certified instructor, teacher, coach, or fitness expert? We are looking to add vendors at the McCoy Recreation Center to lead programs that would benefit the community in the following areas:
• S.T.E.A.M. Education: inspire children to learn about Science,Technology,Engineering, Art & Math (we have a lab w/ 12 computers)
• Group Fitness: All types/ages, Boot Camp, Cardio Dance, Aerobics, Self Defense, etc
• Arts, Crafts, & Games: Draw, Paint, Play chess, checkers, cards, Lego Educational Activities etc.
• Theatre: Our stage allows students to perform, recite poetry, act, sing, dance etc.
• Music: Singing Lessons, playing an instrument, chorus, reading/understanding music fundamentals
• Dance: All types …hip/hop, ballroom, ballet, jazz, swing, Line, Country Western, etc.
• Health & Wellness: Nutrition & Weight Loss, Smoking Cessation, etc.
• Life Skills: Financial Literacy, Resume Writing, Leadership Skills, Sewing & Mending etc.
• Safety Skills: 1st Aid, CPR, AED Certifications
• Indoor & Outdoor Sports/Games: Coach/Teach various youth sports
• Vendor’s must be at least 18 years of age.
• Instructors shall be certified in area of instruction where applicable.
• Criminal background checks are required for all instructors and on-site representatives of Vendor. (PRB will provide this service).
• Cover Letter and Resume with Educational & Work Experience must be submitted with references
• Typed outline of activities to be covered in the program.
• Vendor is responsible for completing an IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certificate) and returning it with the signed contract.
• All Vendors that conduct business on City property are required to submit a certificate of general liability insurance listing the City of New Bedford as additionally insured. An insurance certificate must be submitted to the Parks, Recreation & Beaches no later than ten (10) working days prior to program registration.
• Persons who can establish an extraordinarily low risk of personal injury and/or property damage may be excluded from the insurance requirement if they are individuals and/or non-profit corporations specifically approved by the City. Salaries are negotiable.
If you are interested in becoming a vendor at the Andrea McCoy Recreation Center please contact us or come visit us in person to take the next step in the process!
Additional Forms and Files:
Coach/Instructor/Volunteer & Vendor Application
Printable Registration/Membership Form
How to become an Instructor:
Become a McCoy Center Instructor!
01/02/2019 - 12/31/2019
9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
McCoy Center or Various Parks, Fields, & Beaches
• Questions? Call 508.961.3015 or Email: David.Ponte@NewBedford-MA.gov
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities